Founded in 2005, Fundación Universitaria Sanitas (UniSanitas) is an educational and non-profit entity that seeks the integral education of health and other professional areas that contribute to academic, scientific, technologic and human development and competitiveness.
UniSanitas University educates annually more than 1.200 professionals in Medicine, Nursing and Health Management through extensive, specialization, research and executive programs and continuous education in health. UniSanitas promotes integration, cooperation and interdisciplinarity through domestic and foreign entities in order to provide the country relevant, pertinent and socially appreciated support for its competitiveness. To this end, it encourages the pursuit of excellence in the development of its main functions, considering teaching and research as key mediators of professional education.
A leadership commitment
The future of UniSanitas is guided by a leadership commitment, aiming to continuous improvement and to make things well, without ignoring the internal capabilities and external variables that determine the present, aspiring to be recognized for:
- Being a leading institution in health professionals’ education, characterized by the permanent improvement of academic and administrative processes.
- Being an innovative entity in the development of curricula, methodologies and pedagogical strategies which guide the learning process.
- Being an institution that values people and receives them, openly and without any discrimination, in order to have access to the required formation and become a competent professional.
- Being an institution that offers educational and personal growth, as well as, job improvement opportunities in a dignified and decorous context.
The university is composed by high prepared professionals, with a solid institutional ethic and social commitment.
Why study at UniSanitas?
Universitaria Sanitas Foundation has organized its academic programs from a high education curricula and methodological approach, implementing the Problem Based Learning (PBL) as training system where teachers guide the learning and students become the center, building real life knowledge.
The PBL has been designed by a team of teachers according to educational necessities and trying to promoting the following aspects:
- Curricular integration. The plan of studies organizes contents in knowledge groups, combining theoretical contents of each professional profile with real problems.
- Autonomy. Each student is responsible for his/her learning process.
- Team-work. Organized in small groups (15 students), each student faces different activities that promote learning through personalized monitoring.
- Learning to learn. Thanks to the application of several teaching and learning strategies, the student is encouraged to learn multiple approaches.
- Ongoing monitoring and feedback. The teacher provides permanent learning guidance and feed back, adapting to the particular ways of learning of each student.